TEAM ADVOCATE FOR FEBRUARY 2018 – JEN PERRIN
Jen is studying a Bachelor of Business majoring in Human Resources and is schedule to graduate in mid-2019. Jen started with the NBC team in 2012 and has now transitioned into the role of Practice Manager.
- Are you a morning person, or a night owl?
I’m not a morning person, I love a sleep in (morning coffee is essential)! I find during the week I have a strict routine but on the weekends, I tend to stay up late to catch up on reading, study and my TV shows– I tend to lose track of the time and before I know it, it’s the AM.
- Tell us about some of your favourite books or movies, and why you love them? (you can talk about one, or a few)
I’m a little bit of a nerd in terms of fantasy fiction/ancient history based films/TV series so this includes Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Game of Thrones (GOT), Troy, Gladiator, Vikings, Underworld (the list goes on). I believe these types of movies expand the mind and ignite the imagination.
- What artist, songs or playlist do you listen to when you need motivation?
Nothing like a bit of RnB, Hip- Hop, 90’s or rap music (old school) to get the motivational vibes happening. I’m one of those people who can’t listen to music whilst I work, but when I’m cleaning the house, driving in the car or at social event I love when tunes are playing (I love a bit of car-pool karaoke ha ha).
- What’s your favourite quote or poem? Why?
‘Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard’ which I had no idea originated from Kevin Durant (NBA). This quote does resonate with me, and reminds me if you put your mind to something and work hard you’ll succeed.
- What are 3 things still left on your bucket list?
- Travel to the US and watch a live NBA game, NFL (college game) and visit NY.
- Take a whole group (friends + family) on a skiing/snowboarding trip.
- Take my partner/my pooch and take off with a camper van, minimal cash and travel up to the northern parts of AUS.
What’s your #INSPIRATION… What motivates you to show up at work and ROCK IT?
I love my job and everyone that is involved with NBC that includes the partners, staff and clients. It is a very supportive/family orientated environment and working here for over 7 years and still learning, growing each day is a testament to the fabulous company that is Northern Business Consultants.